Tuesday 4 May 2010

The First Serve...

Both my mum and grandma are fantastic cooks. I guess that is why I grew to the ripe old age of 23 and still didn’t know how to cook! I never saw the need to learn to cook. I hardly thought about cooking – food would just magically appear on the table (or in rare cases in my hand!) as and when I desired.

However, when I got married - things changed. While my husband is a fantastic cook (and I have no vekam in saying that!), I realised that it would be just a little bit unfair to expect my husband to cook for me EVERYDAY! Besides I am usually home before him and am absolutely staaaarving from the minute I enter the house!

So, I started cooking.

Food and stories go together for me. Some of my earliest memories are of being told stories while being fed "pappu mammu". There is almost always a reason why I cook things the way I cook them. I thought that it would be fun to write these stories and at the same time, share some of the recipes given to me by my mum / grandma / mother-in-law / aunties / friends etc...

All the above seem to have culminated to form this – a blog for all Saapattu Raamans and Saapattu Vidyas out there who love food but never really learnt to cook!

An Explanatory Note:

Why Kari Masala?

When I first started blogging my blog was called “Kari Masala”. It was supposed to portray all the “masala” that formed the spice of my life – granted that it was maybe a little trite! Having said that - "Kari Masala" has remained my all time favourite name for a blog – and when I decided to start a “Food Blog”, I had to call it this!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com